Thursday, January 10, 2008

Open Letter to Ani DiFranco

Too many people are dying, too many people are in pain... Sometimes I think the radiation from all these TV stations and cell phones are raining on my brain, my hypersensivity victim to so much man-made electromagnetism pumping crappy pop songs I can't hear and don't want to feel in my mind.

I met you many years ago, very briefly... I remember you standing on that stage... playing your guitar... and all I could think about is Oh my God she sounds just like Michael Hedges... I was working at Wetlands, must have been 1990... or 91... I forget, it's so long ago... But I was a guy, 6 foot 4... geeky... driven by environmental activism... and you were a little girl driven by a sonic vision.

All these years I followed your career... I listened to all your albums... bought as many as I could, there's been so many, you put so much out there, you just pump magic into the air... Two years ago when I jumped on MySpace, you're one of the only two people I typed in who I really wanted to meet... again. But like your song said... I'm unrequired.

Few months ago, Susan Shapiro mentioned she'd met one of the founders of MUSE, and that there was talk of a concert to raise funds to shut down Indian Point. I sat down with this woman and one after the other, handed her little peices of paper where I scribbled my stream of consciousness, and on one of them, I wrote, let's have Ani DiFranco and Pete Seeger do a benefit together.

That's how you came to be in Nyack on the 18th... for no other reason than my love for you, your music, your ambitions, your desire to take the world by the horns and wrestle it till it fits your mood.

But you see, this woman, is not as she seems. She never mentioned my contribution to the folks at MUSE... she said this was ALL her idea... her inspiration... and when she resigned from the board of the organization I belonged to at the time, FUSE USA, she took the event with her, because she's rich, and she thought she could get away with it. Who has the gold makes the rules.

So on New Year's Eve, I sent her an email... it said: "happy new year, you f***en b*****, i hope you rot in ELLE and die" which she richly deserved. She took it to officer Ayers at the Orange Town police department who called me and said I couldn't do that. For me to hire a lawyer.

But you see she's a lawyer, and I hate lawyers, I hate everything about them.. everything they stand for. A hundred of them at the bottom of the ocean is a good start! This woman stole my opportunity to meet you again on an even keel... so we could look each other in the eye, and ask ourselves, how do we shut this monster down.

This is what this woman stole.

Update Jan 15:

Even though I apologized for sending the emails to the officer on the phone, seems she wanted to take it a step further. She's had town justice Richard G. Ramsay send me a notice to appear in court on January 22 in Orangeburg, NY. Appear before him to answer a charge of aggravated harassment in the second degree.

Update Jan 18:

I addition, she has also slapped me with a 500 feet restraining order, where none of my friends or colleagues can contact her. It's a wonder what it is she might want to hide that her and her family find such extreme measures against me necessary, a man who has never lifted his hand in anger at anybody... Perhaps it has something to do with this!
http://greennuclearbutterfly.blogspot.com/2008/01/remy-susan-wars-wrong-on-both-parts.html

2 comments:

igmuska said...

He who would do good to another must do it in Minute Particulars:
General Good is the plea of the scoundrel, hypocrite & flatterer,
For Art & Science cannot exist but in minutely organized Particulars
And not in generalizing Demonstrations of the Rational Power.

William Blake, Jerusalem

Unknown said...

Why does Ani DiFranco look so much like PhillyD of PhillyD.tv ?